Jeff Wilsey, Owner of J. Wilsey Appraisal Co., is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the state of Indiana (license CG49700027) and Michigan (license 1201006067) and has been an appraiser since 1990. His expertise is in appraising commercial, industrial, retail, office, land and investment properties in Elkhart, St. Joseph and surrounding counties in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan. To date, Jeff has appraised over $600 million in properties.
Active in the community, Jeff founded and formerly chaired the Elkhart Chamber of Commerce Technology Council and is a 1992 graduate of the Chamber’s Leadership Academy. He is also a charter member of the Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors. Jeff’s civic work has included volunteer work with Junior Achievement, WVPE public radio, Premier Arts and Boy Scouts of America.
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of Indiana, (license CG49700027)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of Michigan, (license 1201006067)
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, State of Indiana (in escrow)
- Appraisal Institute, Associate Member
- Chapter Director, Northern Indiana, Southwestern Michigan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2011-2013
- Government Relations Committee Chair, Northern Indiana, Southwestern Michigan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2010-2013
- General Associate Liaison, Northern Indiana, Southwestern Michigan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2007-2008
- Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors (ICBR), Charter and Current Member
- Ball State University, Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Management
- Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, Technology Council, Founder and Member
- Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, Technology Council, Former President
- Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Academy, Class of 1992
Jeff Wilsey's appraisal career historically and currently centers on the non-residential (commercial) segment of the appraisal industry that generally includes industrial, retail, office, land, income producing properties and right-of-way projects. Jeff has valued existing buildings, proposed buildings and hypothetical land development projects. The following is a general summary of assignments:
- Industrial: Single buildings of 5,000 SF to over 425,000 SF and multi-building complexes of more than 400,000 SF.
- Retail: Single and multi-user retail facilities including special properties such as boarding kennels, churches, schools, auto dealerships and multi-use tourist-related retail complexes.
- Office: Single user professional properties (doctor, dentist, insurance) including transport facilities.
- Income Producing: Small and medium sized apartment complexes, industrial flex space, mobile and modular home villages, neighborhood retail centers, stand-alone retail, motels and bed & breakfasts.
- Land: Industrial, retail and office parcels of various sizes; multi-use developments consisting of both retail and residential sections; industrial parks.
- Right-of way: Partial and full takings, temporary right-of-way, setback damage.