We Know The Michiana Market
we have the most current and accurate data in the area
J. Wilsey Appraisal Co. understands the commercial appraisal market in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan. Hands down we are the most trusted and respected appraisal firm in the Michiana area. Formerly operating as the appraisal division under FM Stone Commercial, this newly named entity is led by Jeff Wilsey, Partner. Wilsey had served as lead appraiser at FM Stone for the last 23 years.
At J. Wilsey Appraisal Co. our professionals are true market leaders who are continually educated and certified to meet all the exacting requirements set forth by the Appraisal Institute. We value the call to uphold all of the requirements of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and pledge to always deliver unbiased and honest opinions of value for your property.
Using comprehensive databases is the key to gathering and maintaining current and historical market data. To that end we employ state-of-the-art resources to manage our data. Using our proprietary appraisal software enables our team to create analyses and comprehensive studies for clients and then easily communicate these reports with our clients.
Our appraisal team serves a variety of clients including many national and local lending institutions, financial consultants, governmental agencies, corporations, healthcare providers, land developers and individual entrepreneurs. We provide services for a wide range of commercial property types including manufacturing and industrial buildings, multi-family housing developments, medical facilities, retail stores, office buildings and land sites.
530 East Lexington Avenue, Suite 180
Elkhart, IN 46516
- Property Valuation
- Machinery & Equipment Valuation*
- Business Valuation*
- Valuations for Condemnation
- Right-of-Way Valuations
- Ad Valorem Tax Consulting
- Buy/Sell Decisions
- Own/Lease Decisions
- Land Use Studies
- Market & Feasibility Studies
- Highest & Best Use Analyses
- Expert Testimony
- Appraisal & Feasibility Review
- Forensic Valuations
- Lease Review & Analysis
*May be performed by third party or by subcontract
Jeff Wilsey, Owner of J. Wilsey Appraisal Co., is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the state of Indiana (license CG49700027) and Michigan (license 1201006067) and has been an appraiser since 1990. His expertise is in appraising commercial, industrial, retail, office, land and investment properties in Elkhart, St. Joseph and surrounding counties in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan. To date, Jeff has appraised over $600 million in properties.
Active in the community, Jeff founded and formerly chaired the Elkhart Chamber of Commerce Technology Council and is a 1992 graduate of the Chamber’s Leadership Academy. He is also a charter member of the Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors. Jeff’s civic work has included volunteer work with Junior Achievement, WVPE public radio, Premier Arts and Boy Scouts of America.
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of Indiana, (license CG49700027)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of Michigan, (license 1201006067)
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, State of Indiana (in escrow)
- Appraisal Institute, Associate Member
- Chapter Director, Northern Indiana, Southwestern Michigan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2011-2013
- Government Relations Committee Chair, Northern Indiana, Southwestern Michigan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2010-2013
- General Associate Liaison, Northern Indiana, Southwestern Michigan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2007-2008
- Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors (ICBR), Charter and Current Member
- Ball State University, Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Management
- Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, Technology Council, Founder and Member
- Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, Technology Council, Former President
- Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Academy, Class of 1992
Jeff Wilsey's appraisal career historically and currently centers on the non-residential (commercial) segment of the appraisal industry that generally includes industrial, retail, office, land, income producing properties and right-of-way projects. Jeff has valued existing buildings, proposed buildings and hypothetical land development projects. The following is a general summary of assignments:
- Industrial: Single buildings of 5,000 SF to over 425,000 SF and multi-building complexes of more than 400,000 SF.
- Retail: Single and multi-user retail facilities including special properties such as boarding kennels, churches, schools, auto dealerships and multi-use tourist-related retail complexes.
- Office: Single user professional properties (doctor, dentist, insurance) including transport facilities.
- Income Producing: Small and medium sized apartment complexes, industrial flex space, mobile and modular home villages, neighborhood retail centers, stand-alone retail, motels and bed & breakfasts.
- Land: Industrial, retail and office parcels of various sizes; multi-use developments consisting of both retail and residential sections; industrial parks.
- Right-of way: Partial and full takings, temporary right-of-way, setback damage.
Average Industrial Price Per Square Foot Rates (2008 - 2016)
- Charts based on the average selling rate ($/SF) of fee simple industrial sales
- Samples included large and small buildings
data compiled on 2/28/2017
Please fill out the form below and jeff wilsey will contact you shortly.
* Denotes Required Field